Application is now open for African Udergraduate/graduate students for the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship at Carleton University, Canada.
This scholarships is awarded annually, on the recommendation of the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship Committee to an outstanding international student from an African country. Eligible recipients will be full-time students proceeding from one year to another in any program of study at Carleton University. Consideration will be given to students in financial need. Application is required. If an undergraduate student is selected, the scholarship will be awarded by the Director of Undergraduate Awards and Financial Aid, if a graduate student is selected, the scholarship will be awarded by the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. Endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President.
Applicants who are short-listed, but not selected for the Richard Van Loon Scholar-ship, may be considered as potential candidates for the African Student Association Bursary.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: $5,000
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Award Providers: Carleton University
Eligibility/Criteria: To be eligible, candidate:
- must be a citizen of an African country.
- must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- must be in good academic standing.
How to Apply:
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada
Acceptable referees would include:
Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
Dean of a Faculty
A Director of a School or Institute
A Chair of a Department or Program
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2017