Applications are invited for International Students Scholarship (Undergraduate) in the University of Mary Washington . Scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of undergraduate study at UMW.
The University of Mary Washington is a public university in Virginia that focuses on undergraduate education in the liberal arts and sciences.
Upon admission, international students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship between $1,000 and $9,000 USD based on high school academic record. This scholarship is renewable for up to three additional years of continuous undergraduate study at UMW.
Graduates of International Language Academy (ILA) coming to UMW directly are eligible for scholarships.
Scholarships are determined based on the academic record provided with the application for admission. No additional scholarship application is necessary for merit consideration. Scholarship awards will be included in the official offer of admission to the university
Type: Undergraduate programme.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
To be taken at(Country): USA
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Upon admission, international students are automatically considered for a $5,000 USD scholarship, based on a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. This scholarship is renewable for up to three additional years of undergraduate study at UMW.
Eligibility: Graduates of English Language Studies (ELS) level 112 coming to UMW directly from an ELS center are eligible for the following scholarships instead:
- An annual $2,500 Academic Achievement Award, with a cumulative ELS 112 GPA of 3.0 or higher. It’s renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credits per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- An annual $5,000 Academic Excellence Award, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in ELS Levels 110 to 112. It’s renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Proof of English language proficiency should be sent directly to UMW from the evaluating organization. These exam scores will get you in the running:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL 80 IBT)
- ELS Language Center’s Intensive English Program (Level 112 completion)
- International English Language Testing System (6.5 on the academic exam)
- College Board’s SAT (Evidence Based Critical Reading, 550; Math 550; use UMW SAT testing code 5398)
- ACT (composite score of 22 or higher; use UMW ACT testing code 4414)
- The Application
- Transcripts and/or Exam Scores
- English Language Proficiency
- Financial Support
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 1 for priority admission or February 1 for regular admission.