The IMD Business School has created an Executive MBA Project – Startup Competition. This aim of this competition is to provide a unique opportunity for you to get the help and insights of participants in IMD’s MBA and Executive MBA programs.
IMD is a top-ranked business school, expert in developing leaders, transforming organizations and creating immediate and long-term positive impact.
Benefit from the free experience of our MBA & EMBA participants
Could your startup benefit from highly talented, experienced and motivated individuals who have been carefully screened to participate in two of the most selective and rigorous business programs in the world?
Many ventures have gotten value from working with our MBAs and EMBAs. In the most recent Swiss Top 100 report, IMD-supported startups captured 31 of the top 100 places, including the first 6 out of the top 10. Do you want to be in that group next year?
Seize your chance now! This offer is open to all Swiss-based startups and runs in collaboration with the Swiss government’s Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI), VentureKick, MassChallenge Switzerland and investiere.
Executive MBA project opportunity
- Up to ten startups will be chosen to work with two Executive MBA classes
- Split into small teams each working with a dedicated startup, our EMBAs help analyze and challenge your business plans and company strategies
- Their ultimate goal is to make a pitch on your behalf (with one of your representatives) to venture capitalists and angels in Silicon Valley in September
MBA project opportunity
- Up to 15 startups will receive the support of our MBA class
- Split into small teams each working with a dedicated startup, our MBAs put in an average of 6-8 hours on this project each week, for a total support of at least 500-600 work-hours
What type of startups are we looking for?
We are looking for early-stage companies that have a solid chance of market success, have a team that is curious and willing to open themselves up to a small group of management “students”, are pleased to enter into both strategic and business model discussions, and can provide a good learning opportunity for our participants with timing that aligns with the IMD programs.
Executive MBA startup project timing
- June 12, 2018: EMBA-selected companies meet with EMBA class at IMD in Lausanne and start collaboration
- September 9-14, 2018: Cohort 1 of EMBA teams travel to Silicon Valley with one representative from each startup
- September 16-21, 2018: Cohort 2 of EMBA teams travel to Silicon Valley with one representative from each startup
MBA startup project timing
- January 24, 2018: MBA-selected companies meet with their MBA teams at IMD in Lausanne
- January 27, 2018: In-company introductory visits for MBA participants (wherever possible or desirable)
- January 24 – May 15, 2018: MBA-selected companies collaborate with their MBA teams
- November 12, 2017: Submission deadline
- December 3, 2017: Formal notification to all selected startups
- December 10, 2017: Deadline for the selected startups to accept or decline the IMD offer